Here are the latest Dr Maurice Stewart books on oil and gas surface production facilities.
1. Surface Production Operations, Volume 1, Third Edition: Design of Oil Handling Systems and Facilities 3rd Edition
The latest edition of this best-selling title is updated and expanded to offer a truly complete picture of surface production operations, from the production stage to the process stage with applications to process and production engineers such as:
· New in-depth coverage of hydrocarbon characteristics, the different kinds of reservoirs, and impurities in crude.
· Practical suggestions help readers understand the art and science of handling produced liquids.
· Numerous, easy-to-read figures, charts, tables, and photos clearly explain how to design, specify, and operate oilfield surface production facilities.
2. Surface Production Operations: Vol 2: Design of Gas-Handling Systems and Facilities, Third Edition
Updated and better than ever, Design of Gas-Handling Systems and Facilities, 3rd Edition includes greatly expanded chapters on gas-liquid separation, gas sweetening, gas liquefaction, and gas dehydration ―information necessary and critical to production and process engineers and designers. Natural gas is at the forefront of today’s energy needs, and this book walks you through the equipment and processes used in gas-handling operations, including conditioning and processing, to help you effectively design and manage your gas production facility.
3. Surface Production Operations: Volume III: Facility Piping and Pipeline Systems 1st Edition
Surface Production Operations: Facility Piping and Pipeline Systems, Volume III is a hands-on manual for applying mechanical and physical principles to all phases of facility piping and pipeline system design, construction, and operation. For over twenty years this now classic series has taken the guesswork out of the design, selection, specification, installation, operation, testing, and trouble-shooting of surface production equipment.
4. Pressure Vessels Field Manual: Common Operating Problems and Practical Solutions 1st Edition
Pressure Vessel Operations Field Manual provides new and experienced engineers with the latest tools to alter, repair and re-rate pressure vessels using ASME, NBIC and API 510 codes and standards.
- Step-by-step procedure on how to design, perform in-shop and in-field inspections and repairs, perform alterations and re-rate a pressure vessel
- How to select the appropriate vessel specifications, evaluate associated reports and determine allowable stresses
- Calculations for stresses in pressure vessels
- Select the appropriate materials of construction for a pressure vessel
- Design pressure vessels using the ASME Code Section VIII, Division 1 and 2 to best fit the circumstance.
5. Gas Dehydration Field Manual 1st Edition
Gas Dehydration Field Manual presents different methods of gas dehydration, focusing on the differences between adsorption and absorption. It discusses the various designs and operations in a gas processing facility. As an introduction, the book provides different concepts and theories that describe the gas processing industry. It then discusses the processes involved in the gas processing industry, which include absorption, adsorption, glycol regeneration, glycol filtration, and carbon purification.
6. Gas Sweetening and Processing Field Manual 1st Edition
Gas Sweetening and Processing Field Manual provides engineers with the ability to understand and select the most efficient and cost effective method to fit their individual needs. Designed for engineers, technologists, and operations personnel involved in the design and operation of gas processing facilities, the book starts with an explanation of the terms and theories used throughout the industry. This is followed by clear and rigorous exposition of sweetness processes such as Solid Bed Adsorption, Chemical Solvents, Physical Solvents, Distillation, and Gas Permeation. Exercises appear at the conclusion of each chapter with hints in addition to full solutions.
7. Gas-Liquid And Liquid-Liquid Separators
Gas-Liquid And Liquid-Liquid Separators is practical guide designed to help engineers and operators develop a feel for selection, specification, operating parameters, and trouble-shooting separators; form an understanding of the uncertainties and assumptions inherent in operating the equipment. The goal is to help familiarize operators with the knowledge and tools required to understand design flaws and solve everyday operational problems for types of separators.
This book is divided into six parts: Part one and two covers fundamentals such as: physical properties, phase behaviour and calculations. Part three through five is dedicated to topics such as: separator construction, factors affecting separation, vessel operation, and separator operation considerations. Part six is devoted to the ASME codes governing wall thickness determination of vessel weight fabrication, inspection, alteration and repair of separators.