Do you want to be a “high potential individual”? The secret lies in having a good education.
Education is a great social equalizer. A good education can level the playing field for everyone, especially disadvantaged people. Education can open more and better opportunities for them in the future and provide the chance for them to work and live in the places of their dream.
Indeed, the UK government has just announced it is inviting “high potential individuals” to apply to work and live in the UK.
You are considered a “high potential individual” by the UK Government if you are a recent graduate from the world’s top 37 universities outside of the UK. These are universities outside the UK that appeared at least twice in the Top 50 rankings in 2021.
So, you are a “high potential individual” if you are a recent graduate from the following 37 universities located outside the UK:
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech) — U.S.
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) — Hong Kong
- Columbia University — U.S.
- Cornell University — U.S.
- Duke University — U.S.
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL Switzerland) — Switzerland
- ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) — Switzerland
- Harvard University — U.S.
- Johns Hopkins University — U.S.
- Karolinska Institute — Sweden
- Kyoto University — Japan
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) — U.S.
- McGill University — Canada
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU) — Singapore
- National University of Singapore — Singapore
- New York University (NYU) — U.S.
- Northwestern University — USA
- Paris Sciences et Lettres – PSL Research University — France
- Peking University — China
- Princeton University — U.S.
- Stanford University — U.S.
- Tsinghua University — China
- University of British Columbia — Canada
- University of California, Berkeley — U.S.
- The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) — U.S.
- University of California, San Diego — U.S.
- University of Chicago US — U.S.
- University of Hong Kong — Hong Kong
- University of Melbourne — Australia
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor — U.S.
- University of Munich (LMU Munich) — Germany
- University of Pennsylvania — U.S.
- The University of Texas at Austin — U.S.
- University of Tokyo — Japan
- University of Toronto — Canada
- University of Washington — U.S.
- Yale University — U.S.
Now we know why everyone wants to go to the best universities in the world.