The Indonesia government will drill geothermal exploration wells in 20 geothermal work areas in Indonesia beginning in 2020 until 2024, according to Ida Nuryatin Finahari, Director of Geothermal in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.
The purpose of this initiative is to gather information on the geothermal potentials in each work area and to pass this information to potential investors.
The Indonesia government hopes this four year project will stimulate the interests of investors and accelerate the development of geothermal energy in Indonesia.
Here are the twenty geothermal work area where the government of Indonesia will drill exploration wells.
- Lokop in Aceh
- Sipoholon Ria Ria in North Sumatera
- Sajau in North Kalimantan
- Bora Pulu in Central Sulawesi
- Marana in Central Sulawesi
- Bittuang in South Sulawesi
- Limbong in South Sulawesi
- Jailolo in North Maluku
- Banda Baru in Maluku
- Nage in NTT (Nusa Tenggara Timur)
- Maritaing in NTT
- Sembalun in NTB (Nusa Tenggara Barat)
- Gunung Batur – Kintamani in Bali
- Guci in Central Java
- Cisolok Cisukarame in West Java
- Gunung Galunggung in West Java
- Gunung Tampomas in West Java
- Gunung Ciremai in West Java
- Gunung Papandayan in West Java
- Gunung Endut in Banten
If you want to understand how your geothermal reservoirs work and how to optimize them, Dr. Roland N. Horne will teach an online Geothermal Reservoir Engineering course on 6-9 October 2020.